2020-09-01 - 2022-08-31
The objectives of the project are to:
(1) To strengthen key competencies of students and provide more effective opportunities to acquire and develop skills essential to remain competitive on the labour market
(2) Build the language skills of adults through engagement with bespoke learning resources to support the continuous language and professional development (3) To introduce new approaches and opportunities to support professional development for adult educators, trainers and mentors
These objectives will be achieved by
(1) Creating guidelines for education professionals for creating and taking advantage of visual dictionaries in their work to achieve better learning results,
(2) Producing and piloting a set of visual dictionary resources, to benchmark their benefits perceived by the learners,
(3) Creating a modern, user-friendly online environment "Visual Dictionary Online Creator" to support these teaching and learning methods and host the resources produced
(4) Creating a recommendations document based on the findings acquired throughout the project.
The SWIM project proposes creating a modern, collaborative online visual dictionary platform to make use of these possibilities and further explore them. This will be achieved through four Intellectual Outputs, which are interlinked and support each other.